Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Lumiere English Academy; Basic Grammar - Lesson 24 Basic Business and Other Letters; 7.Thanking a Friend for Hospitality 8. Letter of Condolence




Lumiere English academy
A Basic Grammar
Lesson 24
Basic Business and Other Letters
Sample Letters 
7. THANKING A FRIEND FOR HOSPITALITY

Dear . . . 
Thank you for allowing me to spend last week in your lovely home.
I had a wonderful time. It was a privilege meeting your family.

I really enjoyed the trips to the park and to town. The food your mother cooked was delicious. Please thank her and all the family from me for their kind hospitality.

When you come to Virginia in September to your proposed conference, I hope you will give me the opportunity to return your hospitality.

Thank you again.

Kind regards 
(Sign your name here)


19. LETTER OF CONDOLENCE (NB Not CondolAnce)


Dear . . . 

On behalf of all my family, I wish to express our sadness at the untimely death of your husband. George and my husband worked together for nearly ten years and they were good friends. We knew him as a loving husband to you and as a doting father to your children. Rest assured that we shall remember you all in our prayers.

If for the next month I can assist in any way, please don't hesitate to let me know. It will be my privilege to be of service.

I wish you strength in the times ahead.

Sincerely yours
(Sign your name here)

Dr Luky Whittle

No comments:

Post a Comment