Friday, October 30, 2015

GOOD SHEPHERD CHURCH SEMINARY: SEVEN STEPS TO KNOWING GOD


GOOD SHEPHERD CHURCH SEMINARY:
SEVEN STEPS TO KNOWING GOD

Step One
Recognize God Loves you
'For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.' [John 3;16]
'As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you; continue in my love.'  [John 15;9]

Step Two
Admit you need help
'Jesus said to them; 'It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.' [Mark 2:17]

Step Three
Believe that Jesus is the Saviour
'Behold the Lamb of God, Who takes away the sin of the world.' [John 1;29]
'Jesus answered, 'I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me.' [John 14;6]

Step Four
Receive Jesus as your own Saviour
'But as many as received Him, to them He gave power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His Name.' [John 1;12]
'I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.' [John 10;28]

Step Five
Acknowledge that Jesus is now your Lord and Friend
'You are my friends, if you do what I command.' [John 15;14]
'Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.' [John 16;24]

Step Six
Recognize you now belong to God's Family, the Church
'All the believers were united in heart and in mind.'  [Acts 4.32]

Step Seven
Commit yourself to serve the Lord; Pray, Read the Bible and Witness
'But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.' [Acts 1;8]
'Again Jesus said, 'Peace be with  you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.' [John 20;21]

Baptism
  If you have decided to be a Christian, a good pastor or priest and a strong worshipping Church with integrity are of great assistance.
  The first step on the road of Christianity is baptism. Speak to a pastor or priest about your wish to become part of a worshipping Church.
 
Rev Catherine
 

No comments:

Post a Comment