FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS, LUMIERE CHARITY HAS BEEN APPROACHED RE THE NEED FOR MUSIC FOR USE IN MASSES AND SERVICES OF WORSHIP.
Many priests, pastors, and worshipping communities find themselves unable to enjoy a sung Mass or worship service due to any or all of the following factors;
- No church
- No money to build a church
- No organ
- No piano
- No musical instruments
- No money to purchase musical instruments
- No organist
- No pianist
- No musicians
In answer to the requests, we have founded 'God's Portal', which will make free musical backing soundtracks available.
HOW TO USE;
- Download the MP3 tracks [or tracks] you wish to use.
- Each track is of music which is in the public domain, all being over a hundred years old.
- Use the different musical backings in your church/worship services/ public event to enable congregation/ worshippers to enjoy singing with backing.
- The usual format is to choose four songs for a Mass or worship Service.
- These are used in the following way;
- First track or piece of music as an Entrance song [at the beginning of the Mass or Worship Service].
- Second track or piece of music at the Offertory [at a point in the Mass or Worship Service where prayer is offered, and congregants conduct the Offertory according to their usual protocol]
- Third track or piece of music after Communion.
- Fourth track or piece of music at the Recessional [end of the Mass or worship Service.]
Feel free to use these tracks for any worthy purpose.
Artist; Catherine Nicolette Whittle
[50 years experience in music, 40 years experience as church organist and musician.]
Media for this track; Church Organ and Concert Piano
Recording Artist; Jan Louw
Studio; A to Z Music
Artwork Design; A W
Music Piece 1;
What Child is This?
The Tune is Greensleeves, a traditional English Melody. The first clear reference to the ballad known as Greensleeves reportedly dates to the month of September in the year 1580.
The lyrics 'What Child is This' refers to Jesus, newly born in Bethlehem.
The referral is to the Nativity,
Gospel of St Luke Chapter 2, verses 1 to 21.
Gospel of St Matthew Chapter 1 verse 18, to Chapter 2 verse 12.
The congregation can sing these words while the music track plays in the background.
The words can be printed on a hymnsheet, Mass or worship service sheet or Carol sheet;
1 What Child is this, Who, laid to rest, on Mary's lap is sleeping?
Whom angels greet with anthems sweet, while shepherds watch are keeping?
This, this is Christ the King,
Whom shepherds guard and angels sing:
Come, greet the Infant Lord, the Babe, the Son of Mary!
2 Why lies He in such mean estate, where ox and ass are feeding?
Good Christians, fear: for sinners here the Silent Word is pleading.
Nails, spear, shall pierce Him through,
The cross be borne for me, for you:
Hail, hail the Word made flesh, the Babe, the Son of Mary!
3 So bring Him incense, gold and myrrh, come peasants, king, to own Him.
The King of kings salvation brings, let loving hearts enthrone Him.
Raise, raise the song on high,
the Virgin sings her lullaby:
Joy, joy for Christ is born, the Babe, the Son of Mary!
Click in the following link for the music track
With thanks to A W and J Louw